General Terms and Conditions
If you use this website, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- All references to “KJS” in these terms and conditions shall mean KenTz Jungle Safaris, a registered safari company in Kenya.
- All references to “Client” in these terms and conditions shall mean the person, firm or company contracting with us (KJS) for Services (herein after defined) to be provided by KJS to such person, firm or company and shall also mean and include any person in any party accompanying or paid for by such person, firm or company and the personal representatives and states of all such persons.
- These terms and conditions shall apply to all contracts made by KJS with a client. No subsequent agreement in any way altering these terms and conditions shall be binding on KJS unless made in writing and signed by an authorized KJS officer.
Safari / Holiday arrangements
KJS will do their best to ensure that it complies fully in providing the contracted agreed services (herein referred to as transport, accommodation, meals and other agreed services). KJS liability for breach of contract is restricted to liability where by the negligence of themselves, their staff or agents where all or some Services are not provided, in these event KJS shall compensate the Client only for the actual costs of the Service which were to have been provided excluding all consequential damage whatsoever and wheresoever suffered or incurred including but not limited to the costs of air fares to and from Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania or any other incidental or indirect costs whatsoever. In case of any failure to provide any Service contracted for, the Company shall have the right to substitute alternative services of equal value subject always to such services being available.
- The company accepts no liability in the event of Services not being carried out or being altered by any matter whatsoever beyond their control. Such matters include but are not limited to the closure of National Parks, Sanctuaries, Lodges and roads, the impassibility of roads and such like matters and the KJS reserves the right to make such alterations to the itinerary when in their sole judgment it is deemed necessary or desirable for the comfort, convenience or safety to Clients.
- KJS accepts no liability for alleged inferior or inadequate Service or transportation vehicle nor for the negligent careless or wrongful acts or omissions of hotel keepers, inn keepers, lodge keepers and such like persons and their servants and agents or any other person not in the employment of the KJS.
- KJS accepts no liability for damages directly or indirectly arising out of delay in departures or arrivals resulting to missing of road, rail, ship or aircraft connections.
- KJS accepts no liability for airline reservations and reconfirmations nor any liability for damages arising from any changes of airline schedules, cancellation of flights or errors and mistakes made by airline offices or travel agents. As regards all dealings with or for any Client relating to or touching upon air travel airports, air bookings, travel agents and airlines, KJS legal relationship and standing is merely that of an intermediary between such third parties and the Client without any liability to or for either parties such negation and waiver of liability being in all respects a pre-condition of all contracted relationships between the Client and the Company. In consequence Clients are advised to protect their interest by insurance and careful attention to all documentation supplied to them by all such third parties.
- The KJS accepts no responsibility or liability in the event that Services of equal value having been offered to Clients are declined.
- KJS may in their discretion employ sub-contractors to carry out all or any part of the Services in this event the exemptions provided by this condition and in the risk, loss or damage of property condition below for the benefit of the KJS shall be deemed to apply also to the sub-contractor.
KJS reserves the right to increase all or any of the prices without prior reference to the Client in any of the following events:
- Official devaluation or revaluation of the Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania Shilling as against the United States Dollar, the Sterling Pound, Euro or other currency of the country in which the booking is made ( if different).
- Any statutory increase in taxes or other dues imposed by the Kenya, Uganda or Tanzania Governments or any officer or agent thereof;
- Any increase in Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania in the price of aviation fuel or motor vehicle fuel or any other increase in the cost of transport which forms part of the Services;
- Any increase in the cost of accommodation or meals forming part of the Services;
- ) Any increase in entrance fees to national parks, national reserves and sanctuaries and any other entrance fees forming part of the Service;
- Any other increase in KJS operating costs or cost of providing the Services which are beyond the KJS control and which KJS has every reasonable effort to prevent.
Deposit and Payment
A deposit of 40% is required on booking and the balance to be paid not later than 21 days before the Service commences unless stated otherwise.
In the event of cancellation or variation of Services for whatever reasons the KJS shall be entitled to charge cancellation fees as set out hereunder:
- Cancellations received between 35 days and 15 days prior to commencement of Services shall be charged at 33% of the total cost of services except when the reservations are over peak or festive periods like on the 23rd December to 2nd January of any given year, where the applicable cancellation fee may be 100 % of the total cost of services.
- Cancellations received between 14 days and 5 days prior to commencement of services shall be charged at 50% of the total cost of Services.
- Cancellations received within 4 days [96 hours] or less prior to commencement of Services shall be charged at the full cost of Services.
- Cancellations received 36 days prior to commencement of Services shall carry 5% cancellation fee, and not less than a minimum of USD 50 per person, to cover basic administration expenses / booking fees and any banking fees chargeable for refund transactions will be payable by client.
The liability to reimburse the KJS for the cancellation fees, non-refundable booking fees, no show fees, administration fee and the like shall in no way limit or restrict the general rights of the KJS to collect damages for breach of Contract.
Non-payment by the date for commencement of services
In the event that KJS has not received payment in full by the Date for Commencement of Services then the Company reserves the right in its absolute discretion to withhold all or any part of the Services and KJS shall be entitled to collect the outstanding payment from the Client direct and to recover from the Client all cancellation fees which they are entitled to charge as per cancellation paragraph above. KJS shall not be required to notify the Client prior to the date of commencement of Services that the Services or any part of the Services will be withheld.
- KJS is insured against any legal liability which may arise out of injury or death to the Client in accordance with and to the extent required by the Laws of Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
- KJS insurance does not cover illness, medical expenses, damage to or loss of baggage, consequential damages arising from any one of these or at all. Clients are advised to effect their own insurance prior to their arrival to their holiday destinations, such insurance should cover; minimum death, personal injury, medical expenses, damage to or loss of baggage and consequential damages arising in the event of any one of the foregoing.
Injury illness and other risks
KJS accepts no liability whatsoever for the theft of or other loss or damage to the property of any Client which is not covered by the KJS insurance referred to in Insurance conditions above.
Loss of or damage to property
KJS accepts no liability whatsoever for the theft of or other loss or damage to the property on any Client howsoever caused.
Other general sales agents
Any other duly appointed General Sales Agents are merely Agents for KJS and all contracts entered into by the organizer shall be deemed to have been made directly with KJS. All contracts made other than directly with KJS are subject to ratification by the KJS.
The copyright in all materials and information contained on this website vests in KJS. Publication or reproduction of any information or materials contained herein on any other website is expressly prohibited, unless prior written approval has been obtained from an authorized representative of KJS. The use of materials or information from this website for commercial purposes, including the operation of any aggregated travel marketing search engine or web crawling is prohibited.
Although KJS endeavors to provide accurate, up-to-date and truthful information on this site, neither KJS nor any of our employees, agents and associates make any representations or give any warranties, whether expressly, tacitly or implied, as to the operation of the site, the information, content, materials and products included and available from this site.
KJS, its employees, agents and associates will not be liable for any damage of whatsoever nature arising or resulting from the use of or inability to use this site or the information contained hereon, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and consequential damage.
This site is created, maintained and controlled in the Republic of Kenya and as such, the laws of the Republic of Kenya and the jurisdiction of the Kenyan Court govern this user agreement and the use or inability to use this site.